Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sevier River June 14 2008

I went up to Circleville with Emily's family to see her Dad for Fathers day, so I slipped out when no one was looking and went fishing. I started fishing around 4 at one of the first spots in the river up Kingston canyon that had a blue ribbon fishery access area. Most of the river up Kingston canyon is private, so these signs are helpful. The river is still high and murky. I not knowing how to fish the sevier real well started fishing up stream with woolly bugger. It was so fast that I started fishing downstream and stripping upriver. I actually caught a fish with this method fairly quickly. Not sure if luck or pure genius. It was around 13," but put up a great fight. I walked up the river trying to get to know the area better and look for pools or slower water with fish I could sight fish. I fished until the light in the canyon disappeared and started to get dark. I only got the one fish, but came away ready to read up on techniques used to fish this river.

No comments: