Friday, March 20, 2009

Wasatch Fly Tying Expo

-Infamous Grumpy

Today I went to my first Wasatch fly tying expo. I wasn't able to get there in time to get a personalized autograph book by Charlie Craven at Western Rivers fly shop. I then went to the expo and was really shocked at how chill everything was. Everybody was really nice and helpful. My friend Mike showed up to my surprise. I watched 6 or 7 different tiers do there things and one rod builder. I met Boyd, the guy that sells the fluorocarbon tying thread, if you haven't got this let me know and I'll get you his # its a must have. I watched Charles Card tie polish nymphs using the Czech weave. I hope I can figure this out someday. I met Cheech and finally bought my Grumpy's that i have been waiting for since he posted some for sale. I watched him tie some up and it was great, can't wait to tie some up for myself. I entered into some raffles, and bs'd with a bunch of the guys from the forum. I'm excited to see John tie tomorrow and watch Craven tie.

No comments: