Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kolob ice off

Met Josh at Kolob

I headed up to fish Kolob Reservoir after work to see if I could get into some ice off fishing. I was able to drive to the reservoir and walked to the dam side of reservoir. I fished around to the point between dam and boat dock. I had no luck trying several different things. I was fishing and Josh walked up, we fished together for awhile and no luck. I asked Josh if he wanted to try Blue Springs and he was up for it. We fished the north inlet and didn't have luck for sometime, but I finally ended up getting a nice slab! It was near 20" and probably around 4lb's. Very close after Josh hooked this nice rainbow. It was a little smaller, but still had some serious girth. I snapped this quick pic and we fished until dark. We both had more bites, but nothing else landed. I had a great time, and got to know Josh a lot better. He is a very knowledgeable and am excited about a possible Green River trip in a couple weeks.

1 comment:

Mike said...

That's a biggun...where were they today?