Friday, February 26, 2010

Riding with the King

Pure Awesomeness
Me and Sir Noah rockin our patches for the party
Rocking my new favorite shirt(Steal Your Face, The Fly Fish Journal) with some family for our party.

If you have ever fished with me in the 801 you know my love of these chocolate dunford donuts. See above for results of what they do to my tummy.

I got out this week to keep up the tradition of fishing on the birthday. As I am writing this I was thinking of when this fishing on the birthday thing all started. The one that sticks out was when I was 15sh(ten years ago) and my Mom drove me out to Quail Lake while letting me sluff school. I fished out in the rain and hard wind in my older brothers circular float tube and neoprenes. I only lasted an hour or so and didn't catch anything, but it was memorable to say the least.
The Drake's Fly Fishing Film Festival was bananas. I went with a couple buddies and we really liked some of the shows that will be coming out soon. It also got me itching bad for some more saltwater action.
Matt and I also hit the Provo for the day. It was great to get out in February in the snow, of course Matt the Master caught all the all fish, just ask him;) We had some luck on the Middle Provo fishing deep and also had some luck throwing dries in fish inhaling midges on top. We ended the day fishing down on a section of the Lower Provo. Matt caught a 29" rainbow with the tail pinched it was 30", but we didn't have our cameras, dang...... I also found some sweet new polorarized Smith sunglasses on the river imagine that.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Happy Birthday ya pirate hooker. I didn't realize it was already the end of Feb.