Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I write Czechs

Hook: Tiemco 2487 Thread: 6/0 Danville white
Underbody: Wrapped lead tape
Body: Burnt Orang Scud Dubbing
Ribbing: 5x tippet and flat gold tinsel
Back: Latex Glove colored with markers

I've decide I want to try fishing more czech/scud type patterns so I whipped up my first batch. I found some lead tape at Uinta Golf and started tying. I really like the way lead tape makes the fly look and it adds a good amount of weight without the bulk of the lead wire.

3 comments:

kolobflyfishing said...

Fished them today and they worked.

Mike said...

Good looking flies. Try the elastic material found in the sewing section at ace as a cheap, durable alternative to latex gloves.

kolobflyfishing said...

the latex is really cheap and I like the durability so far along with look it has when colored.