Thursday, February 26, 2009

Great Birthday Present Day 1


Besides Emily's awesome gift (fishing stuff, concert tee blanket), the only thing better was the fishing at Calf Creek in Escalante, Utah. I originally planned a trip to Lees Ferry, but couldn't get anyone with boat experience that could go. My friend Mike that I met a month earlier was set on fishing as much as I was, so we decided to go fish Calf Creek and surrounding streams. We took off after my college class and got to Escalante around 1. We started fishing in the camp ground in a deep pool and both had fish right off the start on dry flies. We fished the hole for awhile and moved on. Every hole we came to we caught fish. It was a great day, February and an entire day fishing dry flies. We didn't catch a fish over 10," but caught lots of little brownies. Great day. More to come for day 2

No comments: